Are you looking to connect and build community within CCS? Check out Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) at CCS!
As PTF president, I often hear comments such as:
“I would like to get involved at CCS but I don’t know how,”
“I want to be involved, but I don’t want to be in charge,” or
“Opportunities to volunteer are limited to an exclusive few parents, and the needs are already met.”
The truth is that there are many opportunities for parents to get connected and to serve our school in different capacities, both inside and outside of the classroom.
Parent Teacher Fellowship is a group of volunteers who provides support and encouragement to the CCS staff, helps meet K-5 classroom needs, and seeks to build community by coordinating events for parents and families. Here are some examples of how PTF supports CCS:
- Providing staff luncheons, Thanksgiving pies, and refreshments for staff meetings
- Hosting fellowships for moms and dads
- Welcoming new CCS families
- Coordinating room moms for K-5 classes
- Purchasing wish list items for classrooms
- Beautifying CCS’s entrances
- Hosting Teacher Appreciation Day
- Coordinating school-wide community events (Spirit Night, Chili Cook Off)
- Coordinating Field Day for grades K-5
PTF is actively seeking to host more K-12 events, boost school spirit, and build-out our support in the upstairs halls.
These events and others that are on the horizon, provide many opportunities to serve. If you are looking to connect and have a desire to build community within our school, there are opportunities for you! Your involvement can be as little as a one-time meeting to a leadership role.
For more information about how to get involved, please visit our website at http://www.carychristianschool.org/parents/volunteers/ or email Parent Teacher Fellowship at email@example.com.