Applications for the current school year are accepted on an ongoing basis. For the following school year, new applications are accepted beginning in mid-October. Enrollment is open first to returning students and their siblings, then to the public. A $200 non-refundable application fee must accompany all student applications. Screening/testing of new students is scheduled during the months of January through April and as needed thereafter. Interviews with new families are scheduled during the months of January through April and as needed thereafter.
The application procedure requires the following:
- Completed Online Application
- Application fee of $200. For families applying for multiple children for the same school year, the following application fees will apply (all fees are non-refundable): 1st child – $200, 2nd child – $150, 3rd child – $100, 4th and each additional child – $50
- Copies of standardized test scores and report cards from the past two years
- Teacher Recommendation Form
- Pastor’s Reference Form (returned by pastor)
- Birth certificate (all students)
- Copy of Current Immunization Record (details follow)
- Signed Parental Contract (back page of Application for Admission)
- Student screening/testing (scheduled with school office)
- Parent/student interview (scheduled with school office)
The Admissions Committee will determine final acceptance and grade level placement of students. Parents will be notified in writing of the decision regarding acceptance. If accepted, parents receive an Acceptance Letter and a CCS Corporate Membership Application form. To confirm their acceptance of the seat(s), parents will complete an online enrollment process and pay a non-refundable enrollment fee of $450 for kindergarten, $550 for grades 1-12, or $1,250 for foreign I-20 students (due within two weeks of acceptance).
Enrollment is not considered final until the following items are received:
- Tuition Payment Election Form
- Records from child’s previous school
- NC Health Assessment – Kindergarten only
- Up-to-date Immunization Records
Enrollment, and therefore the parents’ financial obligation, is contracted to be for the full school year. It is understood that parents agree to support the policies of the school as affirmed in the Parental Contract and School Guidelines on the Application for Admission form.
If enrollment for a particular grade is full, a waiting pool will be established for that grade.
Administration has the right to determine and govern all facets of student enrollment procedures. At the discretion of the appropriate dean or headmaster, a student may be refused reenrollment for the following school year. Refusal for student reenrollment is not necessarily a result of disciplinary action.
- Corporation Membership – At least one parent or guardian of each child attending Cary Christian School must be a member of the Corporation. A sustaining membership fee shall be due at the beginning of each calendar year and will cover only the calendar year in which it is paid. Membership fees shall be used for administration and promotion of the organization and not for curriculum and other school related expenses. Failure to pay annual fee will result in loss of membership. The annual fee will be set by the Board of Directors. Members of the Corporation have the privilege of voting on all matters that are presented to the membership, such as the election of Board members, constitutional changes, and budgetary and financial matters. Members receive one vote in corporate matters. Members may also be nominated for election to the Board and appointed by the Board to serve on its committees.
- Current Immunization Record – All students attending Cary Christian School must have on record with the school office either a current immunization record or an exemption statement according to NC code before entering school as required by North Carolina General Statutes (G.S. 130A-155). Incoming kindergarten students must have a completed Health Assessment Report on file in the school office by the first day of school. This form may be obtained from your family doctor or the school office.